Tuesday 4 October 2011

a trip to the British Ceramic Biennial

Well today was a clay gathering day for the onslaught of one day shows on the run up to Christmas the first starts on Sunday at the Devonshire Arcade in Penrith 11am - 3pm as a run up to Nostalgia Meets Design in November with some new work which is sat waiting for firing whilst I update you on the lovely exhibition I saw this afternoon. Well as I was in Stoke or more precisely Basford after visiting Potclays, Potterycrafts and Valentines I received a call from David Smith who had read a rave review of the newly opened Ceramic Biennial exhibition 'AWARD' at The Potteries Museum and Art Gallery. Well with such a recommendation I though I might as well.

Merete Rasmussen

Merete Rasmussen
Ken Eastman

Ken Eastman

Katharine Morling

Katharine Morling

Robert Cooper
 And look who we spied as we walked around the permanent collection f the museums contemporary ceramic collection but Dylans mum oh alright Gwen Bainbridge and her lovely LizzyBet collection of jugs.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Workshops dates for 2020

Julie Miles Ceramics Courses for 2020     So I am launching my new workshops at long last! So if you fancy having a go, being crea...