Monday 16 July 2012

Work in progress for the Witches 400


So this is a sneak peak at the work I am producing for the Witches 400 exhiition at the Platform Gallery in Clitheroe.




The piece is about Alice Nutter the only well to do woman accused of witchcraft in the Pendle Witch Trails held in 1612 at Lancaster Castle.





I have been using a black stoneware for the feathers which are hand stitched on to the fabric representing a crows wing, inspired by the landscape of the time and the fact she is now said to live at Crowtrees Farm, Roughlee.

There are a few other pieces that I will take pics when they are ready but everything has to be delivered by Wednesday eek!

1 comment:

Workshops dates for 2020

Julie Miles Ceramics Courses for 2020     So I am launching my new workshops at long last! So if you fancy having a go, being crea...