Saturday 24 January 2015

Creativity Within Beauty - Forest of Bowland at the Platfrom Gallery, Clitheroe

So today was the opening of Creativity Within Beauty at the Platform Gallery in Clitheroe. A range of works based on the Forest of Bowland 50th anniversary of being an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. 

I applied to submit works to the exhibition before Christmas with images of my Curlews from the King of the Cats exhibition. But when I looked again the works from that exhibition were more characters from the stories and not lifesize or even lifelike, a cartoon maybe. So I set about looking at the birds from the Forest of Bowland the obvious one being the Hen harrier. I looked at drawing them but my head was turned by the smaller more characterful and colourful stonechats. I looked at Lapwings or Peewits depending of where you are from, too and some Long Tailed tits which I have always wanted to play with. Also I had a go at a snipe as I saw one this Boxing day at Leighton Moss up near Silverdale as one of the birders let me have a look through his scope at one sitting quietly on the moss. All but the Stonechats are on the Amber list which means they are on the brink of being a quite rare sight in Britain which is a sad notion indeed. 





There were some fabulous other artists there too my favorite being Pat Ellacots pastel drawings which are absolutely stunning






With all this bird activity I have nearly forgotten the RSPB Great British Bird Watch which I will have a go at tomorrow in the garden or maybe as it's cold the safety of the upstairs office window!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Workshops dates for 2020

Julie Miles Ceramics Courses for 2020     So I am launching my new workshops at long last! So if you fancy having a go, being crea...