Wednesday 27 April 2011

Inspirational days in the Lakes at Easter

Well back to school this week with two days done already. Enchanted forests with Year 2s yesterday and today a fun day introducing Ancient Egypt to Year 3s. All good fun with pics to follow. I know most people have a three day week this week with weddings and street parties to look forward to but a self employed artists job is never done and I am flinging open the doors to my studio this weekend to celebrate the Craft and Design Magazines Craft Month with Ceramics being the starting week. So if you are at a loose end this weekend I am opening 11 til 4 Saturday and Sunday at Higherford Mill, Gisburn Road, Barrowford, Lancashire, BB9 6JH. There could be some bargains to be had as I am tidying and organise my studio tomorrow in preparation.

new work on show

The first Bluebells
So this weekend the weather was lovely and it was too nice to stay inside especially as I will be in the cold studios all weekend so I though an inspirational few days in the Lakes would be a perfect antidote.

Buzzards nest 
Speckled Wood Butterfly I think with a 14 spotted ladybird  





Windermere a perfect spot for a picnic

Scout Scar a perfect panoramic view of the lakes and Lancashire fells.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Workshops dates for 2020

Julie Miles Ceramics Courses for 2020     So I am launching my new workshops at long last! So if you fancy having a go, being crea...